Email MeRebecca A. Hansen
Rebecca graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications, with an emphasis in Public Relations, as well as minors in Business Management and French. She attended law school at Brigham Young University's J. Reuben Clark School of Law where she was an editor of the school's Law Review, a member of the mock trial team, and President of the Family Law Society.
Rebecca has clerked at the law firm of Baker & McKenzie in Paris, France, at Utah Crime Victims Legal Clinic, at Utah Legal Services, and at the law firm of MacArthur, Heder & Metler in Provo, Utah. Rebecca operated her own family law practice in Fort Collins, Colorado until joining Lunt & Associates, LLC.
Rebecca has focused her career on family law, specializing in all aspects of domestic relations. Through mediation, settlement negotiations, or trial, Rebecca has successfully resolved cases involving contested divorces, complicated financial issues, parenting time and decision making determinations, child support, emergency parenting time restrictions, jurisdictional disputes, and contempt issues. She recognizes how difficult it can be to navigate these emotional and life changing matters and strives to help her clients through the process with compassion and integrity.
She has basic mediation training and domestic relations mediation training, and has experience as a mediator and arbitrator at a university conflict resolution center. Rebecca is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, including the Family Law Section. She is also a member of the local Larimer County bar chapters and volunteers as a coach for the Fort Collins High School mock trial team.
Rebecca is married and enjoys hiking and biking with her husband around Colorado. She also enjoys running, traveling, reading, and eating chocolate. Rebecca can read, write and speak French.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Colorado, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2014
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- J.D. - 2012
- Law Review: BYU Law Review, Senior Editor, 2010 - 2012
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- B.A. - 2008
- Major: Communications - Public Relations
- Minor: Business Management
- Minor: French
Honors and Awards
- "10 Best" Attorneys for Colorado - Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Excellence in Forensic Coaching, Northern Colorado High School Mock Trial Competition, 2014, 2015, & 2016
- Outstanding Service Award, International Center for Law & Religion Studies, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2013 - Present
- Larimer County Bar Association, Member , 2013 - Present
- Larimer County Women’s Bar Association, Member, 2013 - Present
- Larimer County Young Lawyer’s Division, Secretary, 2013 - 2015
- Larimer County Young Lawyer’s Division, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Rebecca Hansen Law Office, LLC, Owner, Managing Attorney, 2013 - 2014
- MacArthur, Heder & Metler, Law Clerk, 2012 - 2013
- Utah Legal Services, Law Clerk, 2012
- Center for Conflict Resolution – BYU, Mediator/Arbitrator, 2010 - 2012
- Utah Crime Victims Legal Clinic, Law Clerk, 2011
- BYU Research Assistant, Research Assistant, 2010 - 2011
- Baker & McKenzie, Law Clerk, 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Fort Collins High School Mock Trial Coach, 2013 - Present
- BYU Law & Religion Symposium , 2009 - 2011