Parent & Nonbiological Parent Rights

When a legal issue arises in your family, the best way you can protect yourself and the ones you love is by consulting a family law attorney who understands how to help you.

Request your free
consultation »

Even if you are not a biological parent, you can be granted parental rights in Colorado. If you would like to learn more how you could protect those rights, contact Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP, as soon as possible. We also assist clients with paternity matters.

Helping You Protect Your Rights And The Well-Being Of Those You Love

Over the last two decades, founder and managing attorney Barbara L. Ornelas has successfully represented parents, grandparents, extended family members, friends and neighbors in custody rights matters involving children across the Fort Collins area.

There are specific and complicated rules that govern custody issues in Colorado. In many cases, a nonbiological parent who has had a child living with him or her for a period of time (six months or more) may be able to file a petition for parental responsibility (custody).

At Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP, Barbara L. Ornelas assists our clients with a number of custody matters, including:

  • Helping grandparents obtain visitation rights with grandchildren
  • Helping nonbiological parents obtain parental responsibility (custody) of children
  • Helping biological parents obtain full parental responsibility of children
  • Defending biological parents in custody matters
  • Assisting both mothers and fathers in defending and protecting their parental rights, including paternity actions.

Whether you are a grandparent looking to spend more time with your grandchild, a father working to obtain DNA testing to establish parenting time with your child or a family relative wishing to obtain legal custody of a child in your care, Fort Collins parent rights attorney Barbara L. Ornelas.

Consult us today so we can learn more about your circumstance and help you understand how Colorado laws will apply to your situation. We are determined to help you protect those you love by enforcing your parent and nonbiological parent rights.

Is someone you love being abused? If you are seeking custody of a child because you believe he or she is being abused by a parent, call Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP, right away. Attorney Barbara L. Ornelas can assist you with taking the most effective steps to finding a safe place for the child.

Contact Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP

We invite you to contact Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP, today at 970-286-0577. Our law office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon. Our firm accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards. Translation services are available in Spanish, Portuguese and Polish.

Connect With Us | Follow Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP On Your Favorite Social Media Platform And Review Our Firm Below.

Contact Lunt, Smith & Associates, LLP